New Customizable All-Metal Hot End for 3D Printers!
Check out these publications!
3D Hacker 3D Printer World
This new hot end design allows RepRap users to experiment with all aspects of thermoplastic extrusion. Its actively cooled all-metal construction is very durable and can easily withstand the high temperatures required for extruding thermoplastics like Nylon and Polycarbonate, while its unique modular design enables the user to customize the „melt-zone“ length, “transition-zone“ length, and thermistor position according to their needs.
This compact, reliable, and precise hot end is the all-in-one solution for your 3D printer!
– Durable, actively cooled, all-metal construction for high-temperature extrusion up to 300C.
– Modular design with user-variable „melt-zone“ length, „transition-zone“ length, and thermistor position for your specific need or experimentation.
– Precision CNC-machined parts featuring a 1-Piece Stainless Steel Nozzle that is internally polished to prevent jamming (especially when printing PLA).
– 1-Piece Stainless Steel Nozzle eliminates all leaks and clogs caused by internal „melt-zone“ junctions.
– Thermistor is now secured by a cap screw for increased reliability and aesthetic appeal. No more messy Kapton Tape wrapped around the heater block.
– Support for an additional “redundant” heater block thermistor as an optional precautionary measure.
– Compact design conserves z-height and easily fits standard extruder bodies.
– Customizable design makes it very easy to adjust the nozzle height for dual extrusion setups.
– Assembled weight is only about 30g making it ideal for high-speed printing on Delta and “Ultimaker-style” 3D printers.
– Printed successfully for hundreds of hours with PLA, ABS, Polycarbonate, and Nylon 618.
– Number of hot end leaks, clogs, and jams experienced during testing: 0 (zero!).
*Select your perk on the right and help make the Prometheus Hot End a reality!
(…weiter auf indiegogo.com)
Prometheus Hot End printing Zig-Zag Vase in Nylon 618 at 200 microns